Provisional income tax
Companies and individuals must submit their provisional income tax return for the tax year in progress and pay the
first instalment of provisional tax on or before July 31. Before the amendment, the due date was August 1. Provisional
tax is now payable in two equal instalments, no later than July 31 and December 31.
Employers must submit their annual return of employees’ pay and deductions in the preceding tax year (Form IR 7)
online. The deadline for submission has been extended from April 30 to July 31.
End of each month
• PAYE deducted from employees’ salaries for the previous month
• Defence contribution deducted from dividends, interest or rent paid in the previous month
• Submission and payment of special contribution for defence on deemed dividend distribution for the tax year 2011
• Electronic submission of 2012 income tax returns for individuals and companies preparing audited accounts
• Submission of personal tax returns for year 2013 by salaried individuals ( 31 July for electronic submission)
• Submission of personal tax return for year 2013 by individuals who do not prepare audited accounts ( 30 September for electronic submission)
• Payment of tax balance for 2013 through self assessment by individuals who do not prepare audited accounts
• Payment of special contribution for defence in relation to rents for the first half of 2014.
• Electronic submission of employers’ return for 2013
• Submission of provisional tax assessment for 2014 and payment of the first instalment
• Electronic submission personal tax returns for year 2013 by salaried individuals
• Payment of 2013 tax balance through self assessment by individuals and companies preparing audited accounts.
• Payment of immovable property tax for 2014
• Electronic submission of personal tax return for year 2013 by individuals who do not prepare audited accounts
• Payment of the second instalment of 2014 provisional tax
• Payment of special contribution for defence in relation to rents for the second half of 2014
• Payment of special contribution for defence on interest income that was no deducted at source.